.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

pursuing the upward call with fear and trembling

just a 44 year old man seeking to share my meanderings with the world at large or the blogosphere at small

Monday, October 03, 2005

theclose calls and a hard head

I thought id share a few stories of *near-death* type experiences not the *go too the light* kind but a lil different kind. I was 5 and handing a cousin some flowers when our dog jumped on me and kocked me down about 20 stairs all i got was a broken collarbone very lucky

In high school we were putting up large wooden beams for our play in the auditorium i was standing talking when i heard a voice yell LOOK OUT!!!!! it was likr slow motion before i could move the beam landed on my head and knocked me down....... i think people thought it killed me i laid there not moving for a bit but then slowly stood up..... I went to the hospital for observation just had a concussion but the Dr said if it would have hit me less than an inch to my right instant death it would have severed my jugular ouch

Finally, i was a camp counselor at a salvation army camp in malibu one summer and it was the last day of camp...... i was sitting on a lifeguard station watching the pool when one of the kids dared me to dive in...... i said no thinking it was way too shallow but then i thought about it it was the last day and so i did it.,...... BAM my forehead hit the concrete bottom of the pool and i surfaced with a bloody skull again came away with just a concussion could have been alot lot worse

God takes care of kids and fools lol just thought id share those it did make me very thankful for not being more severely hurt

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home