.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

pursuing the upward call with fear and trembling

just a 44 year old man seeking to share my meanderings with the world at large or the blogosphere at small

Friday, July 14, 2006

theology of emotion

This whole subject has been on my mind for a long time now. It seems like emotions can never be in the center or balanced its like they are WAYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYY OVERBLOWN... or..... they are subdued and held in check ala Mr Spock.... i know this is a generalization and yes many can have a balanced emotional state of being im talking overall here though. How do we keep control over our emotions??? Do they just spring up whenever something sets them off???? How do we separate the Holy Spirit and our emotions from each other???? Are our thoughts intricately linked to our emotions????
Can our emotions be saying one thing to us and then totally change in an instant to a directly opposite idea or attitude????? Can descriptions of thoughts/attitudes be intertwined with emotions or are they meant to be kept apart????

Hope this isnt a hodgepodge of confusing stream of thought there LOL Just stuff swirling within my cranium lately please leave all thoughts/feelings/comments as you desire to share :)

1 Comments:

At 1:06 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Robert, this is a great question that I have wondered about myself. Geez, buddy - kinda deep.

I think we are all different. My bf has a very level steady emotional base. He never gets real mad, real sad, real happy, real jealous. Me on the other hand - HA! I am a roller coaster - one of those big massive ones.

I try to control my emotions and I think they are directly linked to thoughts. If I think about my dog dying, I get sad. But then I can force my thoughts to a good memory of him, and I can smile again.

As far as the Holy Spirit - I have never figured out how to allow Him to have control over my life. Let me know if you have the key.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home