.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

pursuing the upward call with fear and trembling

just a 44 year old man seeking to share my meanderings with the world at large or the blogosphere at small

Saturday, September 16, 2006

troubling

I have a friend who has linked to me several sites concerning 9/11 and a conspiracy theory behind it. I have so enjoyed and been moved by so many who have written brilliant and touching tributes to the many who lost their lives on that tragic day. i have waited to write about this to let the day pass a bit. If you don;t want to read this just pass by i would fully understand.

many various groups and individuals have cropped up over the last year, proclaiming that 9/11 was an inside job and carried out by the Bush administration in order to carry out the war on iraq, gain business ties to the oil in the middle east as well as leave open military attacks upon iran and Syria. When i first heard this i was open-mouthed in disbelief that anyone could possibly concieve such a though!!! i heard more, and my outrage over such insinuations still seethed, even more so because i am a conservative republican and have struggled with how watergate occurred and brought such upheaval to the world lat alone the GOP. I still have deep reservations about this even being broached as a possibility but the more links i recieve from this friend and the discussions ive had with him... well thats why i named this post.... troubling. To even contemplate that our president and one who declares himself a believer in and follower of God and our Lord and Savior Jesus Christ could in any way have planned what happened on 9/11???/ I almost just shut down at the mere thought!!!!

There is a book written by a theologian called david ray griffin entitled christian faith and the truth behind 9/11 that raises alot of issues about the entire 9011 commission report and holes they left wide open. A group calling themselves scholars for 9/11 have been on c-span where they talked about 'false flag' covert operations conducted by the cia and military in the past which they claim has also been going on and will occur in upcoming months by the Bush administration in order to foster a sense of fear and that we need the military to save us from imminent terrorist threats. You can google Griffins book or see it reviewed on amazon. He is a liberal theologian and also holds to process theology which is not orthodox. I just wanted to talk about this stuff in the open to get fresh feedback because it deeply troubles me to have to consider this might have any truth at all. if your immediate reaction to this is shock and outrage to even remotely consider such nonsense hey join the club!!!! I dont want any of this to be even remotely true!!! I just have had a small sliver of suspicion opened up within me which makes me cringe. Praise God he is ultimately in control!!!!! May He guide the way to know the whole truth and that he will empower us to stand for and with Him in whatever way He desires us to!!!!!

7 Comments:

At 9:44 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I'll be back to share my thoughts...

 
At 7:34 PM, Blogger Lynn said...

Thanks for your positive thoughts. I really appreciate your comment. You take care of yourself too!

 
At 6:59 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hey Bob...I'm with you! The idea scares me too...wish I was more up on things to know the truth.

Love, Kat

 
At 11:06 PM, Blogger Gary Means said...

I have been following the development of this crazy theory. While I do believe that we would probably be shocked at some of the things that do go on at high levels in our government, I cannot believe that George Bush, as little as I like him, is capable of perpetrating a plot like that. Dick Cheney or Karl Rove, nah, not even them.

As for Bush's faith being an obstacle to him being involved in something like that, well, I don't put much stock in the depth of his faith. I believe the way he set us up for the Iraq war had more to do with some cowboy-macho payback to Saddam for sending a hit squad after his daddy. I don't buy the idea that we are there for oil.

If there was a conspiracy within the White House to do 9/11, then the players at all levels (and there would have been many, many levels) have been extraordinarily tight-lipped. The conspiracy theorists would argue that this is because the CIA took many of them out already, and those that remain know what will happen to them and their families if they talk. I just don't buy it. It would have leaked by now. A real leak, not the vitriolic charges of the lunatic left.

 
At 11:15 PM, Blogger David Cho said...

I agree with everything that Gary said.

Bush would have invaded Iraq with or without 9/11.

If Bush was able to fabricate a link between Al Queda and 9/11, why didn't he do the same for to blame Hussein for 9/11? Why pick on bin Ladin if he didn't have anything to do with 9/11?

If 9/11 were an inside job to justify the Iraq war, then Bush would have framed Hussein, not Osama who actually hated Hussein.

Makes sense? So I cannot buy the lunatic theory either.

 
At 12:47 AM, Blogger Robert said...

I think you and gary are right david. A few troubling things are wtc 7 and how it fell.... it didnt even get hit by a plane as well as supposedly cell phones dont work at the altitude the planes were flying I have said the exact same things you both are saying to the friend who raised these issues there are some loose strings dangling is all

 
At 2:15 PM, Blogger David Cho said...

I like this report.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home