.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

pursuing the upward call with fear and trembling

just a 44 year old man seeking to share my meanderings with the world at large or the blogosphere at small

Saturday, September 23, 2006

beginnings

I have seen a few of my fellow bloggers post their life story lately so i decided that is a cool idea and where better to start than at birth lol. I think its a cool way to share ourselves with all out here in the blogosphere and its fun to see how different we all are. I began this journey we call life in SanAntonio Texas at Ft Sam Houston army base on July 22 1961. I share my bday with Alex Trebek, Danny Glover, Rose Kennedy, Shawn Michaels and Bobby Sherman among others. I really wish i could share a memory or 2 about texas but seeing as how i lived there for only 6 months (right mom?) I can't recall that early. My very first memory is of being in my crib and looking up to see a collage/diorama or whatever they are called lol fun stuff dangling over me in my crib.

New Jersey. This is where i spent my life until 12. As i have said previously alot of New Jersey is very cool. Some of those places are Smithville, Seaside Heights, Asbury park, Sandy Hook, Turtleback Zoo, Keansburg, as well as Old Bridge. We lived in Irvington for a few years not the greatest neighborhood but hey it was livable. I do recall one night hearing a loud knock on the door going to open it with my grandma and seeing an egg thrown at us maybe someone knew my dad was a cop lol i do remember that though. Something that proved my durability happened in our backyard, i was at the top of our backstairs handing flowers to a cousin..... when our dog jumped thru our door and hit me in the chest knocking me backwards all the way down the stairs.... i escaped with just a broken collarbone... whew lol

Another funny incident occurred at a chritmas benefit for the police we all attended with my dad and my mom told me i went around and sipped beer out of all the cups people left on the table lol i was only 4 i believe must have gotten a lil tipsy im sure i thought it was apple juice or soda pop right??? haha

Another memory is my first movie i remember being taken too. It was called *santa Claus* and it was a really forgettable movie except it had the devil in it for some reason and one scene that stood out always in my mind was seeing santa shoot the devil in the butt with a mini bow and arrow too funny!!! I wonder if anyone will recall this movie . i know its real cuz i saw it a few years back late one night on a cable channel in california.

These are just a few fond memories more to come it is fun to think back and i will find out if my recall is off at all once my mom and sister read this LOL

2 Comments:

At 11:05 PM, Blogger David Cho said...

I have never known Santa to go head to head against the Devil, so that's pretty new.

 
At 5:35 PM, Blogger IchobanaRose said...

whoa and i always thought he was a "jolly old elf". there goes my childhood. kidding anyways thanks for the comment.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home