.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

pursuing the upward call with fear and trembling

just a 44 year old man seeking to share my meanderings with the world at large or the blogosphere at small

Thursday, September 21, 2006

outsmarted

Time for a lil lil lightheartedness. I grew up the first 12 years of my life in New Jersey. I totally loved where i grew up, it had a huge sandlot, woods, a pond in winter as well as all the seasons!!! One day in the summer I was feeling a lil mischievious and came up with a plan. On the street where i lived, it was a big, long street which dead-ended into a ditch and creek. It was very cool to start atthe top of the road and ride like mad on our 10-speeds all the way to the bottom and try to jump the creek. The attempts to jump the creek were often unsuccessful, and left some bruised and aching bodies. I decided to pretend like i jumped the creek, but had fallen, and somehow broken my leg. The whole idea was to elicit major sympathy from the kids on the block and to show my courage at surviving my broken leg. I laid down on the sand and began screaming loud as i could HELp I BROKE MY LEG!!! Soon a few kids came over and i told them to run and get my mom....... I anxiously awaited my BIG moment when my mom would see and carry me off as they all saw me handling my major injury!!! Time passed........ and passed..... i tried to keep moaning as well as saying oh man cant believe it hurts so much trying to appear very brave. After what appeared to be an eternity, my mom finally showed up..... looked down at me with all the kids saying.... Bob broke his leg wow wow ... and other such drama....... what does my mom do????? *Bob.... get up......... WWWWWWHAAAAATTTTTTTT?????????/ I almost screamed in disbelief i was like MOMMMMMMMMMMMMMmm i have a broken leg I CANT GET UP!!!! Again,,,,, no emotion no sympathy she goes Bob i said get up....... and she turned to walk away!!!! Can you believe this woman!!!!! All the kids were looking at her then at me.... i tried to plead my case but to no avail so i gallantly stood up... and tried to get her to carry me but again she simply said lets go bob....... and so i hobbled on my *broken leg* thoroughly defeated in my attempt to appear the hurting daredevil who jumped the creek!!!!

Outsmarted by one who just somehow knew better!!!! LOL

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home