.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

pursuing the upward call with fear and trembling

just a 44 year old man seeking to share my meanderings with the world at large or the blogosphere at small

Monday, October 30, 2006

topsy-turvy

I like the sound of that word. i also like how i believe God makes things happen in just that way so often. You think itsall gonna happen one way and nope its completely topsy-turvy!!! Israel wanted a king and was given a naturally physically awesome specimen named saul. Who ended up vanquishing the giant goliath????? A puny lil kid with a slingshot named david. Israel looks to a powerful,charismatic politically strong figure as their Messiah God sends Himself to poor young parents in a manger and is born a human growing up as a normal boy. Satan thinks he has foiled God forever by having Jesus crucified..... Jesus resurrects on the 3rd day and provides salvation for ALL!!!

Seems like God enjoys doing this in our lives as well..... we think life is going a certain direction and he makes things take on a whole new twist. We can be at rock bottom as far as how we see our lives and He finds a way to bring us back to solid ground. He can also humble us when we become overly proud and take ourselves too seriously, showing us that it is He who ultimately is in control. i so wish the Bible gave more details of what went on between God adam & eve before the fall. A deeper glimpse into life as it was when it was perfect as God intended it to be. But oh the pain that might cause within us if we were to read and then face the grim reality of what was there............ and then LOST!!!! Praise You Almighty God that You are living all powerful and actively involved with Your creation though it is invisible and lots of times very difficult to see............ YOU ARE ALWAYS HERE!!!!! Like it says in Romans 8 Nothing can separate us from the love of God and our Lord Jesus Christ!!!!!!!!!!! AAAAAAAAAAAMMMMMMMMEEEEEEENNNNNNNNNNNNNN!!!!

2 Comments:

At 9:57 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

GREAT POST, ROBERTO!!!! I could just hear you preachin' it on this, loved it!

 
At 5:01 PM, Blogger Larry said...

I think God laughs with us at our predicaments, but I don't think he really enjoys turning our lives topsy-turvy. He knows how it hurts, but he also knows that it's essential. I, at least, am so deeply in a rut that it's quite a project for him to get me look outside. Living with him means change in everything: how I look at the world, how I see God himself, how I see myself. And I know I take it all too seriously.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home