.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

pursuing the upward call with fear and trembling

just a 44 year old man seeking to share my meanderings with the world at large or the blogosphere at small

Tuesday, October 17, 2006

be still and know that I am God..... riiiiiiiiiiiiiiightttttttt

Anyone else echo the thoughts of o yes this is so simple but can i do it??? My pastor and i like to say the old Bill Cosby line when he did his Noah routine.... riiiiiiightttttttttttttttt!!!!! it seems this scripture hits me mostly when i lay down in bed and pray before falling asleep. it strikes me how difficult it seems for me to be to carry this small directive out. Barbara at 8writing from the inside out* has written a related post, love God love your neighbor* so clear, so concise uh-huh try doing it!!!!! How long ago was that song written.... what the world needs now is love sweet love its the only thing that theres just too little of*

I WANT to be still and know He is God...... and yet my mind fills with so much gobbledygook in just seconds and i get swept away in a myriad of varying thoughts/feelings/wants/wishes/ you name its. So many people out there resonate the struggle. it is a very humbling thing to look out and realize I become far too self-preoccupied so much of the time even in wanting to accomplish good things. The actual reality of Gods PRESENCE o man more more MORE of THAT!!!! I need to simply pray for much more of that!!!!! As He increases i will decrease something tells me then the being still will be alot more able to be done!!!!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home