.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

pursuing the upward call with fear and trembling

just a 44 year old man seeking to share my meanderings with the world at large or the blogosphere at small

Friday, June 26, 2009

Heart Issues

Just got home from the hospital today. I have been there since Tuesday, due to a severe irregular heartbeat. My condition was complicated by my having congestive heart failure for a few years now. Kinda weird the way God works through actual situations. i have written so much about my struggling with having a fear of death and dealing with it, and sure enough a problem with my heart occurs. The good thing is the hospital I went to had a very great staff of nurses and helpers. I was able to chill while in there the whole time as well and not be totally stressed and scared the whole time.

I think God has helped me to come to a better realization experientially of His grace & acceptance. I have such a penchant to feel Him looking at me with dissatisfaction or exasperation on a feeling level because of my perfectionism towards myself. There is something in me that makes me feel like everyone else has all their fears under control and stuff. Of course this is totally unrealistic but it doesnt stop my inner critical parent from carrying on in its ocd style.

I will have to have am electric shock to make my heart go back to normal rhythm in a month. Scary to think about. I may need to get a pacemaker in a few months if no progress occurs. My Dr said one of the pumps in my heart was working at 25% when its supposed to be at least 65% ugh. So many new meds & stuff now Just wanted to share & appreciate all your thoughts,prayers & well wishes!!!!!

4 Comments:

At 7:57 PM, Blogger MistiPearl said...

Hello Robert,
Thank you for sharing - Please know that you are in my thoughts and prayers! I do understand where you are coming from and I pray with all of my heart that the Lord will fill you with His Peace that surpasses ALL understanding!
Keep in touch!
Smiles and blessings to you.
~mp:)

 
At 5:15 AM, Blogger Aphra said...

I will pray too.

 
At 8:10 AM, Blogger Gigi said...

Thanks Robert....praying for you .....

 
At 7:15 AM, Blogger Gary Means said...

Sorry to hear this, Robert. That totally sucks. I'll pray for you too.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home