.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

pursuing the upward call with fear and trembling

just a 44 year old man seeking to share my meanderings with the world at large or the blogosphere at small

Sunday, June 07, 2009

Velvet

Velvet was my mom's cat, I actually helped pick her out when I was still living with my mom. We went to the pet store, took a look at the kittens and 2 immediately caught our eye. They were sisters, both black. One has a white stripe down its tail ala pepe le pew. The other had a tiny stub for a tail, and it was a lil twisted. We both held this funny tailed lil kitten, and she was the one. I named her Black Velvet but shortened it to velvet soon after. She was a charming lil cat, hardly ever made a sound and when she did it was more a squeak than a fullfledged meow. She had a fun personality and loved to play and purr. She was 14 years old and had diabetes for the last few years. Due to several complications, velvet had to be put down today. It was very tough. I can feel her soft fur and hear her purr in my mind and it makes me so sad even as i type this. I surely hope God brings animals to eternity,for i definitely want to see velvet again. You were a cherished pet and a special family member velvet. LOVE YOU!!!

2 Comments:

At 4:20 AM, Blogger Aphra said...

I am so sorry- pets are like family members aren't they?

My dog when I was growing up had a little stub of a tail, so I understand that.(He was a german shepherd/ beagle mix) He lived 17 years. At the end he was so old and rickety and you could see in his eyes that the only reason he was hanging on was for us. I hope I see him in heaven too.

 
At 7:06 AM, Blogger Gigi said...

I am sorry for your loss Robert...
I thot of you Sunday when this part of the message came across...hoping you see Him as this kind of Father....

www.roymoran.com

 

Post a Comment

<< Home