.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

pursuing the upward call with fear and trembling

just a 44 year old man seeking to share my meanderings with the world at large or the blogosphere at small

Sunday, July 30, 2006

the *perfect christian*

I wonder what one looks like???? They will have to emulate Jesus in almost every single detail actions as well as thoughts and attitudes. I wonder lately at alot of the *testimonies* so many people tell or give where they finally respond to God or have an amazing conversion experience and from then on their life is totally transformed by Jesus and the Holy Spirit forever and they just walk in complete union with God and live happily ever after. Seems to me that most of us just dont have that kind of *walk with God. I mean look at the apostel Peter..... he was one of the few humans to live with Jesus and be around Him 24/7 for three years not to mention be part of His *inner circle* alonmg with james & john.....and he denied him 3 times..... doubted His resurrection.... and then had to be chastised by Paul for being a hypocrite among the jews after having the vision/dream where God showed him the Gospel was also for the gentiles. Paul called himself *chief of sinners* present tense!!!!! Martin Luther founder of the Protestant Reformation was extremely prejudiced and violently anti-jewish in his later years. I guess i just wanted to express a frustration with wanting to be at a certain level or place as a christian but also realizing it is a journey and Jesus and The Father are here to push and guide me along to deeper mature growth and to not be disillusioned when i fail and trip over myself and give into sin at times or whatever failure i have happen key is to carry on in perseverance looking ahead to Jesus and the joy of eternity with Him forever!!!!

Any thoughts???? What say ye????

1 Comments:

At 12:28 AM, Blogger David Cho said...

I don't think anyone really has it all together, even though many intentionally and unintentionally come across that way.

I used to think that lots of studying of Scripture would take me to the next level, but it only increased my head knowledge.

You are right. It is a journey of frustration.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home