.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

pursuing the upward call with fear and trembling

just a 44 year old man seeking to share my meanderings with the world at large or the blogosphere at small

Tuesday, March 25, 2008

Do You Hear What I Hear

That was a cool christmas song i sang in choir in high school. I loved to sing,especially since i was a tenor, the money is in the high notes lol I have another thought in mind as to the title of this post. Jesus says quite a few times in Scripture, *to those who have ears to hear let them hear* Just what is it we are to hear??? The Holy Spirit is said to be a *still,small voice* at times, and the Bible is God's Word. Jesus was up close and personal and in living color with the apostles,yet they sure were clueless quite often till Jesus set them straight. I can alomost hear Him slapping His forehead and going DOH can't you get it??? Almost. There is much debate all across the spectrum regarding how to know/hear/recieve God's voice. Some hold that He does speak audibly,some hold He speaks only thru His Word as it has been given as His complete revelation of Himself to us. How do we hear and do we hear the same things??

A lot of my pondering here has to do with objective vs subjective as well. People will declare that God revealed something to them about a prayer they made or a decision they needed to make. People say God spoke to them via another person, a movie, a book, a song and a whole cornucopia of things. How do we know its God and not just our own longings and desires?? I hope you see I am seeking to dig a lil deeper because i do believe He speaks to us in alot of the ways i mentioned. I just want to get responses as to how you believe He does. How you define the separation between Gods voice or your own internal one???

*Work out your own salvation with fear and trembling* That is part of a verse that inspired the title of this blog. Does God want us to have pat answers to all the BIG questions so we can just chill not needing to think so hard anymore and rest in that it's all been figured out??? Does He give us enough to let us be secure yet also want us to have a deeper desire to search for more??? An old saying goes, *if its true it aint new and if its new it aint true* as it relates to spiritual things. What do you think??? Is all we ever can know completed and finished with no new learning to take place till we are in eternity??? Are we told to grow in the grace and knowledge of our Lord Jesus Christ??? Sounds like an allowance for new things to me. I am just full of questions and so eager to hear responses.

4 Comments:

At 1:29 PM, Blogger Gigi said...

would LOVE I think to hear from Him...

mostly I freeze, don't move, be still and wait...and in the waiting I guess what is supposed to happen happens...but then you sometimes wonder what would happen if I really just moved....

i don't know, i do know I too will be anxious to see and read the responses here.

 
At 3:29 PM, Blogger Moohaa said...

Great topic. I've noticed that in regards to God 'speaking' to me, it's never something I would say or speak. That would be during the silent, still times with God. I have also had people speak things to me or "felt" something during a movie or song as you said. Most times I don't feel like God speaks to me, to be honest. Not the way some people says He does. But we're in contact enough to where I know He loves me. :)
I also believe that as long as we are open to hearing from Him and living righteously, we will continue to learn the mysteries of Him and His will.

 
At 8:42 AM, Blogger Tera Rose said...

YOU'RE STILL OUT HERE????

I started to blog again- hoe the heck are you-

oh, let me read, catch up and find out LOL

jane
from SA forum

 
At 8:43 AM, Blogger Tera Rose said...

um, that's a typo-

it was how not hoe-

 

Post a Comment

<< Home