.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

pursuing the upward call with fear and trembling

just a 44 year old man seeking to share my meanderings with the world at large or the blogosphere at small

Wednesday, August 13, 2008

Choice and Force revisited once again

Predestination and Freewill 2 polar opposites, spiraling in tension with each other decade after decade. Choice and Force are really synonyms for these 2 powerhouses. Funny how the Power in Star Wars is called the Force. Hmmmmm interesting how the Force was able to be controlled and manipulated by both good and evil.

Does God force things upon us??? Does He let us freely choose our own path as our lives unfold??? I have recently come across several blogs of people who say they left christianity behind and de-converted. I am wanting to walk on eggshells here and not offend in any comments i make. I am curious as to all that combined to bring them to the point where they left their faith behind. I share on here alot of my personal struggles with trusting God and living out my faith. So many factors come into play determining why I have the difficulties and wrestling I have. Does God force certain choices upon me by causing specific thoughts and/or feelings to occur to me??? Is there something that forces one person to believe a certain way and another to believe a totally different way?? Do we all have total freedom to choose what we believe and are free to decide as a direct result of how we are created??? Are we free to choose not to make a choice??? Are we free to seek out to discover whatever we need to fulfill us?? I lay these out here in a very general way so I can get a wide variety of response as opposed to ready-made answers.

Choice and Force. Objective and Subjective. How do we know what we know, and then how do we determine what lets us know what we know when we know it???? LOL

2 Comments:

At 6:50 AM, Blogger OneDaisy said...

I now have a headache. LOL.

 
At 1:27 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Well said.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home