.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

pursuing the upward call with fear and trembling

just a 44 year old man seeking to share my meanderings with the world at large or the blogosphere at small

Thursday, November 09, 2006

kidney stone- OUCH!!!!

I now have a small inkling of what you incredible women go through while enduring 9 months of carrying a new life inside you. I began having sharp,stabbing pain near my right kidney last night. I hoped they would lessen or cease but to no avail. I eventually called my sister kathy and she came over and drove me to a local emergency room. Kidney stone OWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWW!!!!! I was lucky to have a very fun and kind nurse who gave me instant relief from an IV of morphine PRAISE GOD FOR PAINKILLERS!!!! i also got to have a very good time talking with kat. Now of course i ALWAYS have a great time anytime i spend with my sweet incredible sister lol but having her there while I was recovering was just very cool. I am sorry I didnt call her sooner-it was midnight when i called her- but it was a very good time and just made me even more thankful for how God has worked in our lives and brought us along through different paths to knowing Him.

As i was waiting for kat to come pick me up and take me to the emergency room i just prayed a lil prayer if foe any reason I was taken that I would be resting before Jesus as soon as i went. I wish it didn't take physical pain and such to focus on being with Him....sometimes it just seems that is how we, or at least I am suddenly reminded of how He is ALWAYS present doesn't matter if we feel Him in any special way or whatever is happening around or within us... HE IS PRESENT!!! I am enjoying being painfree now and have my precious percocet meds in case lol but even more grateful HE holds me and helps me to realize deeper and deeper that He always will!!!!

5 Comments:

At 7:42 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Robert - OUCH!!!

Never had a kidney stone, but I did have 25 hours of labor before an emergency C-Section. It was very memorable.

I am so glad you are feeling better and that you have a wonderful sister nearby that was able to be with you during this painful ordeal!

 
At 7:59 PM, Blogger David Cho said...

Ouch!

I always wonder about that. So glad that you survived it.

 
At 9:17 PM, Blogger Robert said...

barbara-25 hours??!!??? holy epidural batman!!!! yes Im very glad shes so close by!!!

david- thanks brother!! ouch ouch ouch.... hope i never have another one!!

 
At 8:16 PM, Blogger Laura said...

Glad to hear everything turned out well and that you got to spend some time with your sister (even though not necessarily how you planned). It's always nice to be reminded that God is always with us even when it's just in the 'everydayness' of life.

 
At 7:36 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Mr. Dude,
I am so sorry to hear that you had that much pain. Glad that your sister was there for you. How does it feel now? I'll email you in a bit.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home