.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

pursuing the upward call with fear and trembling

just a 44 year old man seeking to share my meanderings with the world at large or the blogosphere at small

Tuesday, September 18, 2007

Risking Openness

Exactly what we do on our blogs i think. We share ourselves, our ionmost thoughts and feelings and so much more of ourselves. We risk what others may think of us and if people we are close to in daily life may discover our blog and learn things about us we dont necessarily want them knowing. This is a theme i have had in my mind for quite sometime now and would so much like to lead a group with that title as the directive for the group. Not making it a celebrate recovery group but definitely sharing some of those aspects. Just a time to let people share anything at all and risk the openness of doing that, of going out if their comfort zone and having a bunch of likeminded and committed people doing exactly the same. I think it would be powerful.

I had a good time at work today, I just had a huge sense of a weight being taken off me. I think God has heard my prayers as well as many praying for me and is helping me to know He does want me to have His peace and presence. Habits of thinking,feeling and acting are so stubborn to change. Even change that is GOOD!!! I do have one situation i would like feedback on. I have made mention in a way before this is a li bit different tack. i am like 20 years older than most of the guys i work with, its funny though that I cam relate pretty easily and do stay up with music and interests they have, as opposed to being an old man whos out of it lol. One guy likes to taunt me. For some reason he sees it as very amusing to find ways to make fun of me or put me down in different ways, whether it be about my appearance, the way I work or just something he comes up with on his own. I have talked to him numerous times and tried to tell him Im not there to be his whipping boy i dont deserve his ridicule and i want him to chill. He never seems to get it. He actls like im just being too sensitive and should just let it roll off me that its all fuin and games. I let this ruminate in my head and i think no jokingabout certain things that are common for all to laugh at and find funny is cool but a constant joking in a way that serves as a putdown or a means of ridicule is not. I am not there so he can make himself feel better by laughing at me or making me look bad to other people somehow.

My desire for feedback is have any of you ever encountered a person like this yourselves??? Have you ever had someone decide that they were going to make you their personal punching bag for no other reason than because they find it funny and amusing to themselves??/ I am an average looking guy a bit overweight but carry it well *gary can testify to this as we have actually bumped bellies right bro???* LOL I just go about doing my work i am pretty quiet not because Im shy there thats just my nature i have a good sense of humor and can carry on a good conversation when we have normal ones. I just dont see why he wont let this go and desopite my efforts he continually keeps this badgering up. I sometimes wish i could take him outside because hes a very skinny guy and i could easily pound him to a pulp. So.... any kind of feedback is much appreciated. Again, to anyone who would like to my email is on my full profile always a great thing to talk to new people. Thanks for stopping by!!!

6 Comments:

At 8:28 AM, Blogger Gigi said...

I've been back here 3 times and just gonna ask it....make fun of me if will but....have you prayed for or about him?

There that's all I got and while I believe it I still feel like I am going out all naked here saying it. Sure it's the RIGHT thing to do but how often do I or any of us really for the right reasons (He says so) do the right things.

Thanks Robert and for the record I will be praying for the young man to get a dose of humility fer himself whatever that may look like. LIC b

 
At 8:39 AM, Blogger Gigi said...

In fact this is what I will be praying: ;)

May the fleas of a thousand camels infest the crotch of the person who screws up your day and may their arms be too short to scratch. AMEN..

from: http://theuprising.typepad.com/my_weblog/

 
At 3:11 PM, Blogger Shaz said...

I feel that people who do this have very low self esteem problems and by running others down makes them feel superior in there mediocre scared life. I would pray for him and ask god to help him as he obviously needs help.Im sorry you have to go through this some people are clueless but lowering yourself to there level achieves nothing and I have learnt that lesson first hand. Hang in there Robert you have a good heart and he is an idiot who hasnt a clue. Praying for some peace and an end to his stupidity. xx

 
At 6:30 PM, Blogger tonymyles said...

I often find myself being put into the role of a punching bag.

Then I remember I have feet, and I try to move.

But sometimes I forget.

 
At 10:39 PM, Blogger Robert said...

becky LOL ty for the laugh there and on a serious note yes i have prayed for him and try to often but my frustratiin gets the better of me all too often

shaz- ty mate!!! Jesus did say pray and bless those who persecute you sounds better in theory alot prayung your health keeps getting better and better sweet sister

tony amen brother my feet can move to i need to remember that always enjoy when i stop in your place ty dso much for commenting here

 
At 8:23 PM, Blogger jennypo said...

Hi Robert,

Came here from bjk's blog. I'm late commenting here, but I did have this experience at work. I tried a lot of things. Of course, bjk is right about prayer.

One of my co-workers was always badgering me, always trying to point out my stupidities and make me look like a fool. I do as many foolish things as anyone, and having them pointed out does tend to increase the number. I started looking right at her when she made fun of me. Then I smiled tolerantly, the way people do when a teenager they like says something inappropriate. If the time is right, I say something to compliment her; if not, I go and do it later. She ends up being the one embarrassed, not me. The taunting hasn't completely ended, but it has certainly been curbed. Sometimes I can see her starting to say something and then hauling it back in.
It's a small victory, but a very satisfying one.
:^)

 

Post a Comment

<< Home