.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

pursuing the upward call with fear and trembling

just a 44 year old man seeking to share my meanderings with the world at large or the blogosphere at small

Wednesday, August 02, 2006

further up further in!!!

All you Chronicles of Narnia fans out there will recognize that battlecry!!!! I think this is what Jesus would want us to have as our motto once we arrive in eternity with Him. To be more than just content to have *made it* but to have the hunger and sense of adventure to discover all that He and the Father and the Holy Spirit have in store for us for the rest of our existence with Them. I really wish alot of the time that the Holy Spirit was able to be like a pill you come to prayer and ask Him to fill you and He works like a drug giving you INSTANT FULLNESS OF THE TRINITY!!!!!

I begin to understand the Israelites of the Old Testament more and more each day. They heard God speak to Moses and themselves!!!! They saw the parting of the red sea...... many other miracles....... recieved the manna and YET......they created an idol of the golden calf even as Moses was recieving the 10 commandments!!!!! God dwelt with them as they wandered the wilderness awaiting the promised land and STILL they spurned Him and worshipped idols. I slap myself inwardly because i see how I, with the Bible and Holy Spirit to be my guide,,,,,, with Jesus presence which brings me to go into the Fathers Presence to actually be in the *holy of holies* because Jesus established a New Covenant and STILL......I find myself turning to idols o they are more refined and polished than the golden calf of the iraelites yet its just a bizarre and unfathomable. Stupid sinful nature..... grrrrrrrrrrrrrr drives me crazy that the more i grow closer to him and seek to surrender myself more completely the more i become all too painfully aware of my sin sickness and how i just miss the mark daily over and over again in so many ways.

HALLELUJAH!!!!! Jesus love and grace truth and power like paul says frees me and saves me from the body of this death!!!1 Amazingly he always shows me how awesome He is and tender and loving in His disciplining of me to help me mature I cannot fathom living life without Him!!!! The intense awareness of my condition due to sin,,,,,, just causes me to be in awe at His forgiveness and grace...... to NOT have that yikes!!!!! Scarier than any horror movie or serial killer could ever come up with!!!!!

PRAISE TO HIM FROM WHOM ALL BLESSINGS FLOW

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home