.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

pursuing the upward call with fear and trembling

just a 44 year old man seeking to share my meanderings with the world at large or the blogosphere at small

Thursday, June 28, 2007

heart issues again

y body is really weird in that it doesn't give the normal responses to things that go wrong. I have had a lot of shortness of breath for close to a month and swelling of fluids in my lungs and lwgs and ankles no chest pain at all though. I got a stabbing pain in my tummy on monday at work though and so left work to go get checked at a dr well I shortly found myself in an ambulance enroute to a hospital due to gongestive heart failure. I had never been in an ambulance before it was just a normal ride no flashing red light or siren. I had an echocardiogram done and it was revealed that the pump part of my heart was malfunctioning and caused the fluid buildup and shortness of breath. God is very patient in that He kept my heart from stopping even after i let it go for almost a month before checking on it sheesh why does pain have to be what causes me to act????

I have had some meds increased and truly need a strict diet and exercise now to keep my heart improving and staying steady. Please pray God will help me to accept this as reality for the rest of my stay on this earth and to make it become a habit. I really felt good while staying in the hospital God helped me improve steadily and kept my spirits up especially considering i was facing a severe issue and you me and death lol Appreciate al;l prayers and well wishes!!!! God bless you all good!!

8 Comments:

At 1:19 PM, Blogger Gigi said...

praying for you....

 
At 3:59 PM, Blogger Bar L. said...

Thank goodness we chatted BEFORE i read this post I would have freaked out with worry.

Roberto - you need to SERIOUSLY get yourself to the dr. next time you feel "weird" instead of waiting. I am so mad at you!

But I am even more relieved that you are ok. No more salt!

 
At 9:08 PM, Blogger Gary Means said...

Wow. I'm really glad to hear that you are still kicking. You and I have to take better care of our bodies, man!

 
At 6:31 AM, Blogger karen said...

Robert. . .oh my gosh. What can I say?? Please take care of YOU! I'll be praying for you. I have a couple of friends who have lived a long long time and are living WELL with CHF. One is 70 and has had it for a long time.
You can, too.

 
At 9:18 AM, Blogger Missy said...

Robert, my prayers are with you, bro. Take the admonishments here to take care of yourself as encouragement and expressions of love! I pray for the very best of care for you and a healing hand from the Lord.

 
At 12:11 PM, Blogger Helen said...

Hi Robert from England!

I pray that God will give you peace and make you well, it must be hard for you at the moment,

Take care and God Bless,

Helen x.

 
At 7:20 PM, Blogger NoVA Dad said...

I was hooked up to this entry through Karen; please know that you have even more prayers coming your way from me and my family.

 
At 9:35 PM, Blogger Bar L. said...

This is your check in comment - how are you today? are you behaving yourself with the salt etc?


Be good to you, you are a special friend.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home