.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

pursuing the upward call with fear and trembling

just a 44 year old man seeking to share my meanderings with the world at large or the blogosphere at small

Thursday, January 31, 2008

Wrestling and Stuff

Time weird thing sometimes never enough sometimes way too much all depends upon the way we are feeling oft times i imagine as well. Quite a bit in the air around blogland,several celebrating major goals and accomplishments, improved health, new career moves, new relationships and of course some experience the darker side loos of loved ones, layoffs,depression and others. It is amazing how blogging serves so often as a port amidst the storms of life, a place where you can go to, discover a quiet calmness and sense of acceptance. A place where you can find people who understand and acknowledge you and do so in very ordinary yet meaningful ways.

I often reflect on the harder and rougher aspects of my thoughts/feelings and experiences on here, mainly because i find it a safe haven to do so. I fear that i tip the scales way toward one side however and make it seem at times like i am always walking with a black cloud overhead, which is definitely far from reality or the truth. I do so enjoy seeing the positive in situations as well as people. God is always good even when there is no easy way to pinpoint that from a sight perspective. It really is a tremendous help to trust God truly is good all the time.

There is so much disparate viewpoints on knowing God and interpreting Scripture and walking with Jesus now. I guess there always has been but the net and blogland makes it seem even more so. The basics of living life as God intends is fairly straightforwars- Love God Love people simple as can be mmmhmmmm until you actually TRY IT!!! Something about a *nature* we all inherit that distorts this simple message sometimes even before we leave our bed in the morning. Jesus tells us to *abide in Him* if we do so then we shall know the truth and the truth shall set us free. How easy is it to *abide* for you??? What is your daily sachedule like???/ How does your mind work??? Your emotions??? Do you find your mind wandering even as you take a few minutes to pray whenever you so choose to??? Find that desire to sit and meditate on His Word disapears before you ever knew it??? MInd and emotions go in a thousand different directions all at once??/ Jesus said those who sought rest to come to Him for His burden is light His yoke is easy He is gentle of spirit. O to soak in His rest like it were a huge neverending bubblebath!!!!

I say this in a rhetorical fashion these questions. I truly do cherish the freedom to write as i feel inspired on this blog. So thankful for the way that anyone and everyone can come by and read my words and share themselves with me as they see fit. Wrestling openly certianly helps gain clarity on tough areas inside. I definitely want to focus on the hope He lays out as i venture forth in my journey. The very fact I have revealed my deepest fears and struggles openly on here has served to make them more manageable and less ominous. Please share any thoughts that have been ignited inside your own craniums as you gaze upon this page.

4 Comments:

At 7:18 PM, Blogger Shaz said...

I totally agree with the freedom and release blogging grants us.
I just wrote about it on mine reading back on my thoughts and feelings from the past, how far I have come and the sharing this medium provides let alone the friendships forged.
I love it and love reading your thoughts even if I have nothing to say especially when it stirs things I dont understand.
I have learnt I dont always have to have the answers the journey in finding those answers is sometimes half the fun.
Peace and Light dear friend

 
At 1:38 AM, Blogger Robert said...

sweet shazzie hey matey!!! you hit the didgeree do right on the nose *sp* lol so fun and exhilarating to seek and pursue the answers and oh what amazing adventures along the way ty sooooooo much for your email and comment on the pic you and gypsy dana barbara bjk and amber all are the most wonderful delightful ladies I still chuckle over those times you told me i left you speechless by my posts so tough to comprehend my lovely lass hehe peace and light to you as well special friend

 
At 10:11 AM, Blogger Gigi said...

People laugh but when I say I wrestle with Him I mean it. I used to walk around a cemetary close to my home and literally kick gravestones shaking my fist...but you know He became more and more real in that and I became less and less crazy.....;)

 
At 12:55 AM, Blogger Karen said...

Yes the blogosphere is an amazing, sometimes crazy place but my, the support here is beyond words. I really don't know how I would have gotten through some of the things I have experienced in the past year without the wonderful moral boosting friendship of you and many others. Let me take this opportunity to thank you from the bottom of my heart. Your always optimistic and joy filled comments cannot help but lift my spirits. Always, Karen. xxx

 

Post a Comment

<< Home