.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

pursuing the upward call with fear and trembling

just a 44 year old man seeking to share my meanderings with the world at large or the blogosphere at small

Saturday, May 10, 2008

Special Songs

Music transcends in a very magical way. It has the ability to stir our emotions directly, so powerful and volcanic in its movement within. I wonder some of the songs that touch you, speak to you, that evoke memories or an automatic reflection as soon as the first note is heard. So many of us have a rich appreciation of music and its enchantment, curious to hear various songs that have meaning of any kind.

Carry On My Wayward Son- my favorite song of all time. One of Kansas best imho. Just has lyrics that spoke to me as a young teen and still do now at 46. Love the instrumentals as well as kerry livgrens vocals. I am a tenor when i sing, even though i have a deep voice lol Gotta love the high notes. A song that speaks to searching,hurting,longing and discovering.

The First Cut Is The Deepest- ah the torture of lost love or rejection in a romantic involvement. I like rod stewarts version but i can take sheryl crow strong emotions pour forth hearing this one

Tiny Dancer- classic elton john!!!! One of those that usually is a couples song elton sure knows how to capture that aura of attraction and affection, the sparks that entice.

Reasons- Earth Wind and Fire tenor voice talking of attraction and what goes on in peoples minds one of those songs you need candles and a dimly lit room for

All-Star- Just a fun song makes you want to smile and take on the world. I think it was in shrek lol forgetting the bands name here hey now your an all star get your game on go play fun stuff

well that's a short few I hope this might be a post that can grow and grow and grow lol hope to hear all of yours!!!! Layla- you best share some of yours here gf haha :)

4 Comments:

At 3:49 AM, Blogger Tracy Simmons said...

What a fun post, Robert! The one song that immediately popped into my head is Judy Blue Eyes by Crosby, Still, Nash and Young. That is an all-time classic in my book and I love it every time I hear it!

 
At 12:16 AM, Blogger Jeannette Altes said...

Carry On Wayward Son - one of my favs. I got to see Kansas live about 10 years ago.

Border Son - Elton John. hmm...

Closer To Believing - ELP. Great song. Saw them live about 32 years ago...

Sound Of Silence - Simon & Garfunkle. A ton of memories there - and a great message...

Some others, in no particular order except as they pop in my head...

Bohemian Rhapsody - Queen
While My Guitar Gently Weeps - Beatles
She's Not There - The Zombies
Whenever God Shines His Light - Van Morission
Strange - The Doors
Little Boy In Corduroy - Donovan
John The Revelator - Taj Mahal
Summer Song - Dave Brubeck
Ode To Billy Joe - Bobbie Gentry
Pictures At An Exhibition - Modeste Mussorgsky

Okay... I guess that enough ;-)

 
At 10:37 AM, Blogger OneDaisy said...

Jealousy by the Gin Blossoms is my all time favorite. Lately, Carrie Underwood has a song that rings closely to my heart...Leasons Learned. I was listening to it again this morning and it just speaks to me, reminds me to let go of the past and move on. Great post. Thanks Robert...you always have a way of making me think.

 
At 10:12 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I said I was going to sleep sooooooo I will be back her tomorrow to tell you some of my songs!!!

Night Night!!!!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home