.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

pursuing the upward call with fear and trembling

just a 44 year old man seeking to share my meanderings with the world at large or the blogosphere at small

Saturday, June 28, 2008

Getting There

So much time spent wondering inside wanting to break free yet so wanting to hide

is it real or a fantasy how come it feels so hard for me

getting there getting there

late at night lying sleepless in bed swirling thoughts reverberate in my head

take action no stay still what to choose maybe just give me a med

getting there getting there

loving other people always the key always end up being my own worst enemy

hope to do so much and yet instead usually paralyzed in my own head

want to get unstuck before ending up dead so need the Word just as He has said


getting there getting there


Where is *there*??? A place where I freely lose all concern about myself and can fully love people,just as they are and not worry over what they might approve or disapprove of me, of rejection or abandonment, of knowing God loves me and He always will even when my feelings or experiences scream otherwise. This poem reflects how much I recognize the battle and want to be in it yet get stuck inside myself on just what and how to engage. Hats off to al who endlessly supply inspiration by leaps and bounds via your courage, perseverance and determination to live life fully!!!

4 Comments:

At 4:39 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Being Lost, and wanting to find peace at the same time, Wanting to get "there" seems like the story of my life here lately!!

Trying to find that Peace that surpasses all understanding is what i am searching for, For I am stuck in a rut right now!!

But instead of counting sheeps, I will be talking to Yeshua!

I needed this today, Thanks!

Ne.

 
At 6:39 AM, Blogger Karen said...

Bravo Robert...In many ways I think we all struggle and are slowly getting there, sometimes just not as fast as we would like. It's all a journey my friend with obstacles and crossroads and different paths to choose. Getting there is part of the adventure.

 
At 3:09 PM, Blogger Gary Means said...

The question is feel in reading your poem is, how do we stop trying? When do we get to rest, to find solace in Him? When do we get to lay down in verdant fields and drink from the clear, refreshing water of the stream of life? All too often what we find is the dust of the desert and distant voice in the wind, not strong enough to understand the words, but tantalizing all the same.

 
At 5:07 PM, Blogger karen said...

trying to have His peace HERE and NOW when we seem to constantly fluctuate between worlds. I think I get it, brother.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home