.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

pursuing the upward call with fear and trembling

just a 44 year old man seeking to share my meanderings with the world at large or the blogosphere at small

Saturday, October 04, 2008

Storytime

I so liked writing my narrative stories based on my life experiences, I plan on again telling stories, only this time what i will call real fiction lol I want to talk about things which are alot harder to do on a personal level in ways and forming a storyline seems like a good move. I cannot be more thankful or appreciative to all who have sent encouragement,prayers and well wishes after my sharing my struggles. I also know many read and don't comment but your presence is very valued and wanted as well.

I was thinking yesterday of how God is not magic. He really can be quite nonchalant in a manner of speaking as time goes by. We have the record of all the miracles and supernatural events He chose to perform for His chosen people as well as all Jesus did. It really strikes me though that God prefers to work in more natural,normal everyday kind of ways as opposed to the spectacular and amazing. I believe He does act supernaturally still and can do so as He chooses for after all- He IS God!!!! I just observe life as i have seen it day by day and it strikes me He whispers as opposed to shouts. Does He really want us to be His instruments for displaying His presence and actions to the world??? I seem to think Scripture says a bit about this. Maybe george burns testimony on the witness stand In the movie Oh God was closer to the mark than anyone could expect from hollywood???

I will come up with a community of characters to build my stories around. Hopefully i can use my creativity to spark imagination in a challenging way. I always seek your input and support.

2 Comments:

At 7:45 AM, Blogger Karen said...

I love your story telling Robert and can't wait to read what you write. I know it takes me a while to get here sometimes but I read every word you write and have even learned a thing or two about religion from you. That can't be a bad thing can it?

 
At 6:43 PM, Blogger Robert said...

gypsy girl-

take all the time you want!!! You know I value you ad your wisdom so much. I am beyond flattered that i could teach you anything at all but so thrilled to hear it :) I can only hope somehow my dream/wish to go to australia can happen and i can see you and shazzie in person!!! I love you gypsy and keep you in mind alot!!!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home